Bring It Back

I spent a little portion of my day reminiscing and looking back on old blog posts. I have inconsistently blogged since about 2007. There for a while, I was blogging almost everyday and I was pouring my heart and soul out to the internet. Seriously, looking back, I was an open book - a crazy open book. I'm not exactly sure what happened to make me not be that way anymore, but it is sad. I can't tell if it is maturity or just the need for space and becoming a whole helluva lot more introverted.

Since then, I have also tried to start my habit back up again, to no avail. I have failed over and over to keep people updated or keep a journal of my goings on. I really wish I hadn't. A lot has happened for me in the past few years, and though most of it was garbage, I really wish I had stuff to look back on. So that I can say, holy moly, I was a dummy and I'm so much smarter now, or something to that effect.

Today was a good day. We are in the process of buying a house, (when I say we I am referring to me and my parents, who are so generously helping me to purchase my first home) and we got a step closer today! It is a short sale and it has been a long time coming. We started the process in July, and finally got the short sale approval letter two weeks ago! They had the letter ready two weeks before that, but neglected to let us know, and our closing date from the bank was set for the 29th of November! It was a whirlwind of getting documents and an inspection and another appraisal, BUT by tomorrow we should have the appraisal finished and the closing disclosure to sign in hand. Then from there, we will wait three days, and the weekend, and close on Monday. Which means, I will have a home for Christmas! Pretty exciting!


Honestly, I am really excited to have my own space, but I am also 100% terrified. I don't have enough money to do it all on my own, and I worry about getting another job and having to work my life away. I will have to get a roommate and I know that can be tricky, so it's just a lot to think about. I am an anxious person full of doubt and indecision and honestly, it's been rough. I know that it's a great opportunity, but man... the stress of it all is really making me nervous.

The most fun thing about getting the house is getting to paint and decorate the way I'd like it to be. I'm going to go with either creamy white and a deep navy or a grey white. I haven't decided, but the deep dark navy is a MUST. It is just so dreamy to me!



As for life outside of buying a home, I've been doing a lot of hanging out with family lately. I've got 5 nieces and nephews now, so there is always someone who needs a little extra love. For Christmas this year I'm going to be doing a girls sleepover and a boys sleepover. I'm excited to spend time with my little stinkers, they are my absolute FAVORITE people.

I did get in trouble this weekend though, Carter asked me why Kenzie was my favorite and I said, what makes you think Kenzie is my favorite? And he went and grabbed my phone and turned on the screensaver...



Whoops! It does rotate, I promise. Hahaha, I'm a bad Aunt! She is just so cute! She looks like a supermodel.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts