The Truth

You want to know the truth? The truth is, being a 25 year old single woman is difficult. Maybe it's dumb to dream of marriage, maybe you're sick of hearing what people have to say about it. Maybe you think that I need to just "get over it", or "work on myself". Whatever you think, that's okay. But if you're still reading you must be a little bit interested.

The truth is, I used to dream about marriage like it was a solution. Then I graduated high school and moved away and realized it wasn't a solution at all. Then, I started to dream about marriage like it was a safety, something that could keep me warm in the coldest winter. Then I got my heart broken a few times over and came to the conclusion that love isn't always safe. Sometimes, love drops you.

Now, the truth is, I'm scared. I'm scared that one day I will be talking to the person that makes my world spin and I will realize, again, that he doesn't need me. He never really did, and he never really will. And just like every time before, I won't have the heart to let him go. I worry that, that realization won't come until my first child is born or until after my second child graduates high school. I worry that maybe he will love me, but I won't be able to love him enough.


The truth is, being 25 is a lot like being any other age. It is full of worry and it is full of doubt. It isn't unusual to worry or fear. I'm not the only one. The truth is, we all have something that is difficult. It's just... difficult.

Have faith, be hopeful. I know.

It really is nothing new. The truth is nothing new. The truth is; faith lifts, doubt drowns, hope floats, and worry clouds. It is always going to be some sort of difficult, there is always going to be a challenge to overcome. No one is immune to trial. BUT that doesn't make it any easier. What I think makes it easier is when we feel like we're going to sink and we wake up standing ankle deep in a puddle of water.



Comments

  1. At least it's only Ankle Deep, Your not Drowning! Don't worry so much. Be happy, live, have fun. Date lots and "it" will just happen and you will be happier than ever before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts