Love Yourself - Decision Journey

Life has been super crazy lately. I have had some seriously hard days. I mean, really, I have just about given up. It's hard to explain what all has been going on in my life. I think the best way to explain it is, growing pains. No, I'm not getting taller, however, I cannot say I haven't gotten wider, but that's another story all together. I mean growing pains as in, spiritually and mentally. I have been through a lot in the past few weeks. From losing love, getting a promotion at work, living with the consequences of sin, Godly sorrow, and the peace the gospel brings, I really have experienced a huge range of things. Normally, I am a very positive person. But at the beginning of this week, on a particularly rough day, I wrote a negative status on Facebook. I wrote, "I need a thousand pep talks, The shit is real and it has hit the fan." Immediately following this status update I got more texts and phone calls than I ever have. I realized, that I have the greatest friends and family. People who are always there for me, no matter what, and in a moment of weakness, I felt their love.

Almost two weeks ago I started a goal on Instagram to post every day for 30 days, a picture of myself, better known as a "selfie". Because I knew that I was about to go through a big change in my life, I decided that it needed to be documented. As imperfect spirits in human bodies, we tend to change a lot, especially when going through a time of growth. Coming home from my mission was exactly what I thought, and exactly opposite of what I intended. Being home now, 7 months, I am now at the point that I'm trying to find out who I am for myself. That process is excruciatingly painful, and also brings a large amount of happiness. There are good days and there are bad days, and I think that it's important to see both sides.
While on my mission I suffered a lot because of anxiety and depression. While there I met with a therapist and took different medications in search for something, anything, to take away the feelings I had. Towards the end of my mission, I had felt I had overcome both of those things. Yet, after being home and making mistakes, and having HUGE life changes, I have realized that anxiety and depression are not things that are simply cured. They are feelings that need constant care. That is why I have decided to make this journey public. I want people to see that you really can change. Life really can get better, and good things come to those who work for them, and sometimes it takes a while.

I am not perfect, and I will have days that I hate who I am, that I don't desire to make the right decisions. I am human and imperfect. BUT that is normal! Positivity is not gained and kept by being purchased off a shelf. Positivity and happiness is created by each of us individually, each and every day. In the book Eat Pray Love there is a quote that I love, it says, "You're going to have to learn to select your thoughts the same way you select your clothes every day. Now that's a power that you can cultivate. You want to come here and you want to control your life so bad work on the mind, and I don't think you should be trying to control a thing because if you can't master your thoughts you are in trouble forever." I believe it! It is our thoughts that brings us to sin and to be weak, but it is also those same thoughts that lead us to be righteous and strong.

So here is my Vision, to help myself and others understand that we are strong and that we are in control of our happiness. My Goal is to do my best everyday to be inspired by viewing inspiring things, whether they be books, videos, or activities, and inspire others by sharing those things. So I plan on posting daily "selfies" of myself with what I have learned, blog, vlog, and do something new each week so that others have the opportunity to be inspired.

I love you guys! I'm so excited to start doing this, and I hope you all can support me by sharing what I post and getting inspired and sharing things yourself too! Remember, we can choose to be happy, even when it's hard!

Comments

Popular Posts