If You Jump, I'll Jump, Jack.



I'm not usually a follower. At least I don't call myself one, or figure that I am. I like to think of myself as a collector of likes. I like a lot of the same things as other people. But I am not like other people. Confusing.. whatever, moving on.

So sometimes when I do things out of the norm, it takes me a little while to really put my all into it. I consider all my options, weigh every fish, or whatever clever thing they say. Was that not clever? I just don't know how to be happy sometimes. I mean this in the happiest of ways. It's not that I'm depressed or that my life is bad, my life is GREAT, better then ever! But the challenge here is; How do you keep life great?

Primary school answers run through my brain... read your scriptures, say your prayers, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. Of course. Serve others, be kind, have fun. Yes... I know.

I appreciate very much the gospel and the ability it has to make me happy. I also appreciate, though sometimes it's hard to see why, the very difficult decisions it places before me. Decisions about school, dating, church, family, technology, money,ETERNAL LIFE. All of those good things (not necessarily in that order) are all so DIFFICULT decisions.

God doesn't tell us exactly what to do. If he did that, he wouldn't be God. He tells us what is good for us, and let's us decide. We are the shapers of our own destiny, and I have the agency to prove it. Just in one week alone I have shaped the next few years of my life. Isn't that heavy? I mean, in reality the decisions you make today effect the REST OF YOUR LIFE. That's a pretty big deal if you ask me.

I think it's safe to say that following trends and people may not be as horrible as some make it out to sound. When we have SO MANY decisions in this life to make, it's nice sometimes to see someone do something and then come to enjoy it yourself. Yet, when it comes to the BIG THINGS. We've got to learn to make up our minds for ourselves. Just pray about it. I tell myself that ALLLLLL the time. I just gotta keep praying.

Comments

Popular Posts