Letter from Hermana DeLong

Hey Family! I love you all. I'm so excited to be writing you this week. I don't have too much to say, but I just love writing you! Love you! Anyways this week we met with a less active member named Arturo and we had a good lesson with him and invited him to church and he said he would come. We were super excited to have him there, but he didn't actually come. Which was really sad, but it is okay because we are going to meet with him again this week. Hopefully his heart softens, and he realizes how important it is to attend church. We also taught this man named Alex with one of the members of our ward, his name is Hermano Cruz. We call him Cruzito, because he is so small. The lesson went well, but he moved out of our area last week so he is the Elders investigator now. The english missionaries are having a luau and they invited us to be a part of it. But it's a lot of practice and we might not be able to do it. We did learn one dance. Spanish has ruined me now though, because I was trying to sing in Hawaiian and it's all messed up. We also had two birthday parties this week. Our old investigator Brenda had a birthday and we went to that, then her daughter Maria Jose had a birthday too. So we had those too. We also had a Baby shower this week too. OH MY GOODNESS. It was so funny. Hispanics know how to party that is for sure, it was the funniest thing ever. They had a donut on a string eating contest, they fed a baby doll blind-folded, and they played hot-potato with a baby doll. It was pretty hilarious. Hispanics are totally funny. So last night we got off the bus and there was this lady on the side of the street, and she was like "do you ladies know where the nearest train station is?" and we told her, then she told us "I can't go down that street, there is a terrorist down that street.. I'm high on this drug and God sent a message through me that he was a terrorist. And he was a bad muslim. I don't suggest you do this drug, but yeah..." It was really interesting and funny.
I think the thing I learned this week is that faith is action. When you have faith you act. Faith is when you keep the commandments and do what the Lord wants you to do. We all have the tools we need to make the right decisions we just have to use them.


Again, I can't focus there are too many people in here. I love you all! 

PS. Thank you Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Dick for the package of carnation instant breakfast. Also, thank you for everyone that writes me. I love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts