A Letter of Updates

Why yes, I'm alive. I'm 80 percent sure no one reads this anymore. But I've decided to do something new. I know, I always say that, then I don't do it. This time though, I think it might work. Maybe.. You see, I'm going on a mission soon. (My papers should be in this week, if that's what should happen.) I think I need to get better at writing letters. So, my blog will be my letter writing station. Are you excited? I am.

Dear Friends and Family,

This week has been tiring, but exciting. I didn't know that Sunday wasn't Fast Sunday, and I fasted. Which is awesome still, but it's kind of crazy because I seemed to be the ONLY MORMON ALIVE that didn't know about the New Years rule. I guess if New Years Day falls on a Sunday, Fast Sunday moves to the next Sunday. I didn't know that, but every one else did. Whatever.

I was actually off of work on Monday, and decided to take myself shopping so I could spend the money from my gift-cards. Holiday traffic was HORRID. I almost punched twenty people in their face. Which is totally not nice at all, and I should go to Hell for saying that. BUT it was true. I got so fed-up with trying to shop while the whole world was watching. (Exaggeration, just all of Vegas. haha)

This week was extremely good to me though. I finally met with my Bishop and he submitted my mission papers to the Stake President. So unless something goes wrong with my papers when I meet with the Stake President, they should be in this upcoming week. I have never felt so much relief in my life. I feel like I've been waiting for this for years and years, when it's only been three months. I just can hardly believe this is really happening now. I'm SO excited!

(A picture of my Mom's side of the Family from Thanksgiving.)

Mom goes in to surgery on Tuesday, and things are going to be a little lonely for a while. I am fervently praying in my heart that all goes well, and that recovery is quick. I get so scared when my family goes through little hiccups like these. I think I've read too many blogs, and seen too many movies. I just want everything to be okay. Ya know? I'm sure I have nothing to worry about, but still I worry. It's part of who I am.

I have been working so much. SO much. I can't even express to you the amount of hours I have been working. It's been crazy. 60 to 70 hour weeks, no time for anything but work. This is my life, and that's okay. BECAUSE I made it this way. I need to work really hard to go on a mission. I'm not going to be able to pay for ALL of it on my own, but my goal is to pay for almost half. ($3000) If I could do that, I would be happy. I am so humbled to know that others are willing to help me serve a mission. It makes me feel so grateful for the people in my life, and for the gospel. I know the church is true and I can't wait to dedicated a year and a half to preaching the truth.

That's life.

Until next time.

Keep smiling!
Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts