Dixieland Delight

IMG_0185

Last night, I went out dancing. I've been 21 for three days now, and I still feel disappointed that it wasn't at a club. I'm just aching to go out on the town! I went dancing at a big barn-like garage. Beams still exposed, and framing still showing. It was hot, and muggy. There were about fifty people there,and it was fantastic! Even though, I mostly floated around dancing with random strangers and by myself, I had a good time.

I stepped outside for a minute and talked with a friend. He has huge plans for his future, and he knows what he wants. I swear he has one of the bravest souls I know. After cooling off, we went inside. A dance-off was just starting. I was trailing behind him as he said, "Do you want to go up there and watch?" He pointed to the high beams and a room built just left of the dance floor. He opened a door and let me in. I walked up the stairs and into the dark room with opening framing for walls. Behind me I heard him say, "I feel like I'm at a non-LDS party and taking a girl up to a room." I laughed, because it sure felt like that. Until we stood between the framing and looked down on the craziest dance off I have seen in a while. Shirts were thrown, there were somersaults and handstands, it was awesome. As we walked back into the party a huge group of people stood outside the door. The looks we got... were priceless. Two people coming out of a dark attic, I won't even lie and say I didn't blush.

The rest of the night dulled down, less magic, less adventure. As I drove home I wanted to try and keep that feeling I felt earlier, of adventure, alive. So I blared Alabama and felt myself lifting a little higher off the ground again, because I'm "lucky as a seven livin' in heaven with my Dixieland Delight."

IMG_0201

Comments

Popular Posts