Finding Hope; Lift Me

I just opened my eyes to a brand new day.
With the wind sweeping at my back and the sun shining down on me.
Feet planted firmly in the ground.
Lift me up, save me.

There is no one like you, no one so true.
Keep on lifting me up from the ground, from the troubles and trails.
Life is for living, so show me how.
Take me up, up above the clouds.

Help me to remember the times long ago, before this body at the beginning of my soul.
Teach me to live in the light of the day, darkness never entering by-the-way.
Lift me up, take me to eternity. 
Right by your side, blessed and learning.

When times are so hard, and people keep pushing.
You lift me up, you fight my fight, you save me.
Tried and true, nothing can stop you.
From giving mercy, giving strength, giving all of you.

Never will you leave my side, oh I will never hide.
Hide away from your presence, your love and your light.
Oh I will always keep you by my side.

I just opened my eyes to a brand new day.
With the wind sweeping at my back and the sun shining down on me.
Floating above the darkness, heading into the light.
You have me lifted, you have fought my fight.

Comments

Popular Posts