Impossible Things

In the spirit of the season, and the new movie that came out yesterday, I decided to repost a post from my past. I'm not going to update it, just read it, and love it! I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland yet, I'm waiting for someone to ask me on a date to see it, since I have no money. ;)

I have a lot on my mind. Scary things, annoying things, sad things, happy things, crafty things, realistic things, spiritual things, and just plain THINGS.

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice in Wonderland (taken from Megan's page.)

Sometimes, I am Alice. I think there is no use, it's impossible. Times are scary, you hear about things in the world that bring your spirits down. People are loosing their jobs, stores can't stay open for more than a month or two. Families have to size down from what they have worked so hard for, because they are loosing money. You also hear of hope and CHANGE. You hear about this New President and his plans for our country. He says he will change things, make them better and do his best. "One can't believe impossible things." Or can they? " I daresay you haven't had much practice,"

I want to be crafty. I want to make ugly things pretty. I want to be the girl who has good ideas and takes nothing and makes it something. I bought a bundle of flowers for my room. They are gorgeous, a little tattered, like me, but they make me happy. I just wish that I could be like the earth, and make beautiful things appear "all year round" "One can't believe impossilbe things." Or can they? "I daresay you haven't had much practice,"

I am scared. For as much as I have talked and talked about moving to Logan and doing it no matter what anyone else says, I am scared out of my mind. What if I don't make it? What if I go and I loose all my money and two weeks later I am back at home, under my parents care? What if I make it but I can't afford to eat the things I want, or go the place I want to go? "One can't believe impossilbe things." Or can they? " I daresay you haven't had much practice,"

I am annoyed. Frank, you remember Frank? I feel bad for the way I feel about him. I want to be his friend, and I want to be there for him. Then he doesn't want anything to do with me. I tried so hard for nothing, I hate seeing my efforts wasted. He is talking to me again, but he still isn't sure, he won't really be my friend. It is so annoying to not know whether to care or not. I guess it is my downfall, if I don't think I should be friends with some one, I will cut off all ties. If I want to be friends with them, and they think differently, I will cut off all ties. I am an all or nothing kind of person. Will he ever decide? "One can't believe impossible things." Or can they? " I daresay you haven't had much practice,"

I am sad. I want to help, I want to do something good for this world. I feel like, because I need money and because I "need" so many things I am neglecting everyone else. I hate seeing things ruined, but what if they weren't meant to be that way? You don't learn without falling. You don't learn without loosing. You will never learn if you never teach. Why does the world have to be a sad place so much of the time. Why can't everything be happy? Why does the news only show the sad things? Why can't those who have lost be happy that they are still alive? "One can't believe impossible things." Or can they? "I daresay you haven't had much practice,"

I am spiritual. I love the gospel, it answers all the questions I have had. It answers all my heartache, my happiness, and the worlds problems. If only other people could see the truth. Things wouldn't be so difficult in the sense that everyone would understand their trails.

" I DARESAY YOU HAVEN'T HAD MUCH PRACTICE,"

I know that things will be ok. I know that I will be scared, until I allow myself to be comforted. I am annoyed, but it isn't my decision. I am no longer sad, because that just adds ONE MORE to the list. Happiness is in everyone, we just have to choose to be happy. We have to choose to think impossible things everyday, because nothing is truly impossible. It just takes practice.

Comments

  1. I like that. There is a reason many people voted for Obama; because he got many to believe what many see as impossible; fixing Washington.

    And yeah, it would be nice to for everyone to see the truth, but unfortunately it is not like that.

    So keep dreaming of the impossible and follow your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess what i took that picture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts