Catching Fire - The Hunger Game Series

THIS POST IS FULL OF SPOILERS!
I just finished Catching Fire a few moments ago, and I have a million little thoughts running through my head.

First: Brilliant plan. BRILLIANT. Really? Overthrow the capitol after years of torture?? I just couldn't believe the brilliance that went behind it.

Second: Take your eyes away from the brilliance and look at the dangers. I mean, they should have at least told Peeta. Now he is captured by the capitol thinking that Katniss is dead, and Katniss feels like she has totes failed.

No more numbering.. I'm on a roll. To begin with, the whole wedding thing didn't really bother me. I was ready for the whole, "Heyo! You have to be with this man forever, or you will totes get killed!" I knew that was coming. It was when the peace keepers arrived that I got mad. I started to panic inside, what is happening? WHY is this happening?! Peeta just went along with everything as usual..

"Whatever happens Katniss is my world, end of story, p.s. don't touch me I'm tough. p.s.s. I'm uber sensitive, and extra extra charming too.. What was that? You are in love with me?? I could have guessed..."

Anyways. They pull them out without even letting them say goodbye to their families?! I was so ready for those goodbyes! SO READY! She was going to finally let go of Gale and all those shi-nani-gins. I knew she wouldn't die.. there is a third book swimming out there.

I was not very fond of Finnick when he first arrived on scene. I didn't trust him, mainly because Katniss didn't. Oh and because he was almost naked the first time he showed up. GET SOME CLOTHES ON! (He did sound steamy hawt though, no lies.) Haymitch just pisses me off the entire time.. I want to rip his face off with my nails like Katniss did. Yeah it was a brilliant plan, but he put EVERYONE'S LIVES AT STAKE! Not to mention he totes lied to Katniss. I don't like liars, even when it is for my benefit. BUT was it really for her benefit? She is the mockingjay, she is the SYMBOL of the rebellion. So much for her ever being safe again... ever.

Gale returning at the end is what I don't understand. I didn't want CATNIP comfort. I wanted KATNISS- THE MOTHER OF MY FAKE CHILD comfort.

In the end, all is well, for the most part. I want my Peeta back. But that will happen eventually, or so we hope. I can't wait for the third book to come out! It will be awesome.

This series is ten million trillion times better than twilight. So if you have yet to read "The Hunger Games" go out and buy, borrow, or steal a copy.

Comments

  1. I know, right?! I am SO glad you loved them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost read this, but then i didn't cuz its full of spoilers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts