Patience is a Virtue

Wanna know something about me? I hate being overpowered. I hate it. I don't hate too much in this world but that is one thing that I have absolutely no control over hating. It's the worst thing ever. By overpowered I mean.. when you are talking and then 2 minutes into your story you realize no one is listening. Or when you can't get a word in edge-wise between people. I understand if there are a lot of people there or something, but in small groups? How on earth does that happen?! I feel like I have nothing important to say, then after realizing that no one really cares... I pout. It is simply just a part of who I am. I guess by saying this I don't, but I think I have A LOT of patience. I am probably the most patient person around.

Examples:
Stacked dishes in the sink. No problem.. if I feel like it I will do them, if not... I will just wait for them to be done by the person who dirtied them.
Birthday Balloons from the beginning of December piled in the kitchen. I didn't pop them until today. I reached my limit and they were popped and thrown away.
Being overpowered. I sit back and let whatever is going to happen, happen. If someone talks to me, or if I can get someones attention. GREAT, if not.. ok that sucks. I have yet to snap on this, even though it is something that I HATE that happens.

Those are just a few examples of how I have shown my patience over the last couple of weeks (the last one, throughout my entire life). Some people say patience is a virtue, actually I say that a lot. I believe I am pretty darn good at having patience. I haven't mastered it, but I have done my best at it. I get better and better at it every day. Except for today... I really just want to snap and explode and throw all the dirty dishes out of the window. YET, I will resist. Mainly because they aren't MY dirty dishes, and that would be rash and rude. Partly because I want my roommates to like me, not hate me.. or freeze my bras while I sleep.


Comments

  1. I wish I would have practiced more patience with roommates from college.... Oh well.

    I have had conversations with my sisters in which every time I try to talk I get interrupted and it drives me absolutely crazy. I definitely know where you are coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great thing to practice- seriously. I need to, too.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so loving this blog. I've been reading for a few days now, but I just love it. It makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts